Gm Recall Information from Burtness Chevrolet
CHEVY CRUZE RECALL
If you're a Beloit Chevrolet or Janesville Chevrolet customer looking for information on the Chevy Cruze recall or on the ignition switch recall, you've come to the right place. Janesville Chevrolet drivers and others in the area will find Burtness Chevrolet of Orfordville to be a resource for you during the GM recall.
Here are the main points:
- On March 28, 2014, General Motors issued a stop-sale and recall on the 2013 and 2014 Chevrolet Cruze with the 1.4L turbocharged gasoline engines.
- The Chevy Cruze recall is due to a potentially defective right front axle shaft.
GM has said that at least several dozen vehicles have had the problem, but they are not aware of any related crashes or injuries.
- This recall covers about 172,000 2014 and 2013 Cruze 1.4 turbo sedans in the United States.
- It also includes 3,031 Cruze vehicles with the 1.4 engine and manual transmissions from 2014 and 2013 that were recalled in September for the same reason. Those vehicles' replacement shafts will be repaired again.
If the Chevy Cruze recall impacts you, GM will be contacting you via standard mail or phone. If you are in the Janesville, Beloit, Freeport or Rockford areas, bring your vehicle to Burtness Chevrolet in Orfordville, WI for the necessary repairs. You can easily make a service appointment online and our technicians will get back to you to confirm your appointment.
If you aren't sure whether this recall will impact you, you can call our Orfordville dealership at (877) 459-1446 or send us an email with your VIN number and we can look it up for you. If you are not the original owner of your vehicle, you may want to contact GM and let them know that you are the current owner. The manufacturer will put your vehicle's VIN number into their database for future correspondence.
GM IGNITION SWITCH RECALL
On March 31, 2014, GM expanded their ignition switch recall on the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cobalt (all model years)
- Chevrolet HHR (all model years)
- Saturn Ion (all model years)
- Pontiac G5 (all model years)
- Pontiac Solstice (2003-2011)
If this GM recall impacts your vehicle, you will receive a letter in the mail or a phone call from GM. Once you hear from GM, if you are in the Janesville, Beloit, Freeport or Rockford areas, stop by Burtness Chevrolet in Orfordville, WI for your auto repair needs.
Until your vehicle is repaired, make sure you remove all items from your key ring, leaving only the vehicle key. The key fob (if applicable) should also be removed from your key ring.
For more information about this recall, you can visit the GM website.